^ TOP

~/kenetiks/.plan

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Migrated more code, streamlining. Planning a rewrite of the plugin I wrote that parses <code> output. The parser code itself is geshi, but uses a simple plugin I wrote to pass arguments to, and then return sourcecode to output(such as the pastebin for example). A future upgrade I'm currently working on uses an entirely different parser. It can also edit code live. Which is significant to say the least.

Anywho, toodles and shit.

Update, Febuary 17th, 2017.

I have, once again, migrated code from the the front end to the backend. Placing code sitting in the html, to custom libraries that now house the engine work. Granted, it isn't that much code, nor is it even terribly complex. But I did clean it up, rewrote a good bit from scratch as it looked god-awful, and placed it in the proper area.

Perhaps at some point I will create sessions/user code that people can track their pastes. Not that anyone is really using the thing, but I do often get bored and I do this for fun. Which, I freely admit, sounds a bit like paying someone to crush my testicles in a vise because it tickles.

Started using a CVS system on the source code. That way, I can now revert my fuck-ups and insane shit I do when intoxicated. Go me.

Let me see, what else? Oh yes, I completely rewrote the page-counter code. From the ground up. Again, it tickles, or something.

***Update*** December 12th, 2016

I've done some more work on the pastebin as of late. All upgrades can be seen in all their magnificent, worthless glory here.

Added alternating colored rows to the pastebin output. Which comes in handy obviously.

Added numbering to the aforementioned rows. It also does not have the problem of selecting the line number along with the code when copying. TADA!

Added proper names to the programming languages. These now display in thelanguage selection, and when viewing a paste.

There is a plethora of other code rewrites, streamlining, and migrating entire swaths of code from places it shouldn't be to the proper places in the backend. Nothing irritates me more than trying to find a bug with code scattered amongst pages it shouldn't be in. This makes debugging a nightmare if the code isn't in the files it's supposed to be in. I can't tell you how many times I've been trying to debug my code and finally found something I'd written while half asleep and planted it in some obscure file that I'm sure made at least some kind of sense to me at the time.

-----------------------------------------------------
I don't have much in the way of plans at the moment.

Except of course, to update the 1980's equivalent of a social media profile via the ancient unix protocol that you see before you, and is 
responsible for this output.

In all seriousness however, the pastebin, pageview counter, and image upload utilities are working.